AndeShape™ AICE-MCU is a low-cost debugging solution, which connects between AndeSight™ development environment and AndesCore™ Embedded Debug Module (EDM). While maintaining software compatible with AndeShape AICE debugging solution as well as compliant with all EDM revisions, AICE-MCU is designed with much less BOM cost and smaller form factor of JTAG connection in order to satisfy the development cost structure of the general MCU market.
Below is a picture of AICE-MCU:
- Support Andes JTAG debug port (JDP, 5-wire) and Andes serial debug port (SDP, 2-wire) interfaces
- Support multiple JTAG devices through Andes JDP interface
- Support the debug-on-reset feature
- Support batch commands for profiling
- Connect to the target system through a fine-pitch10-pin JTAG cable, and to the debug host through a Mini-B USB 2.0 cable
- Powered by the USB connection; no additional power supply required
- Auto debug interface detection (JDP/SDP)
- Auto I/O voltage detection (3.3V/2.5V)
- Auto frequency calibration for the debug interface (24/12/6/3/1.5/0.75/0.375MHz)
- Maximum debug interface frequency: 48MHz
- Over 700KB/sec effective download speed with Andes JDP interface
- Over 500KB/sec effective download speed with Andes SDP interface
- Work with all AndesCore based systems with EDM implementations.